Chappells stands for knowledge, service, back up support and peace of mind.
Where you buy is as important as what you buy. We follow a Consumer Code of Practice that has been approved by the Office of Fair Trading. This is called the Carpet Foundation.
Carpet Foundation Registered Specialists are the only carpet retailers in the UK who have had all their selling practices approved by the Office of Fair Trading. This guarantees you:
• Expert and impartial advice no sales patter, just sound advice
• Written terms of business so you know where you stand
• Written quotations so no nasty surprises with the invoice
• Deposit protection your money is safe, whatever happens
• Extended guarantees from Carpet Foundation manufacturers
• Cancellation of orders on reasonable grounds
• Approved problem solving procedures in the rare case of something going wrong
• Free conciliation
• Low cost arbitration
• Compliance to the code is independently monitored.
You can therefore buy from Chappells with total confidence.
The Code of Practice approved by the Office of Fair Trading incorporates the highest retail selling standards and gives you absolute reassurance when purchasing a carpet from Chappells.
The key features of the Code are:
• It applies to all carpet sold by Chappells (excluding rugs)
• Written terms of business must be given prior to the purchase
• Consumers who cancel an order “on reasonable grounds” should not be penalised
Verbal estimates of the cost must be supported by a written quotation which will show the total cost
• All deposits are protected so in the unlikely event of a business failure, the order will be
fulfilled without loss of the deposit
• Free extended 2 year guarantees are provided by Carpet Foundation manufacturers for manufacturing faults and pile reversal
• There is an agreed complaints resolution process and timetable
• A free conciliation service is provided by the Carpet Foundation
• Low cost arbitration is provided
• Chappells is regularly monitored to ensure we deliver the right service
• There is a non compliance arrangement to deal with retailers who breach requirements of the Code
A full version of the Code of Practice is available by visiting The Carpet Foundation website